Our family’s favorite vanilla pudding recipe. From “The Best of Amish Cooking” by Phyllis Pelman Good.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Servings: 8 people
- 1 quart fresh milk
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- dash salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Heat 1 quart milk in top of double boiler or in a heavy bottom pot.
- Stir frequently until bubbles form around edges.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine sugar, cornstarch, salt, eggs and the 1/4 cup milk.
- When smooth, add to the heated milk and cook, stirring constantly until thickened.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.